JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing several charges after police say a traffic stop became a chase.
Justin Bookwalter was arrested Tuesday night after police say they tried to stop his car.
They say Bookwalter kept driving and almost hit three officers with his vehicle.
Police later found Bookwalter's vehicle and then saw him running.
Officers quickly caught up to him and took him into custody.
Police say Bookwalter is now charged with conspiracy to sell drugs, drug possession with intent to sell, destruction and tampering with evidence, felony evading.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center where his bond was set at $73,000.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon