JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing several charges after police say a traffic stop became a chase.
Justin Bookwalter was arrested Tuesday night after police say they tried to stop his car.
They say Bookwalter kept driving and almost hit three officers with his vehicle.
Police later found Bookwalter's vehicle and then saw him running.
Officers quickly caught up to him and took him into custody.
Police say Bookwalter is now charged with conspiracy to sell drugs, drug possession with intent to sell, destruction and tampering with evidence, felony evading.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center where his bond was set at $73,000.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media