JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man was arrested after police say he claimed the car he was driving was stolen.
Police say the car wasn't his and wasn't stolen. Johnson City police arrested Rafael Castillo Hernandez on charges of filing a false report and altering or forging auto titles.
Police say Hernandez stated he bought the vehicle from someone and that the car was stolen. They say he was unable to show a receipt for the purchase of the car.
The original owner of the vehicle claimed she did not sell the vehicle to Hernandez.
Police say Hernandez signed his name on the car's title as the buyer of the vehicle.
He was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor