JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man was arrested after police say he claimed the car he was driving was stolen.
Police say the car wasn't his and wasn't stolen. Johnson City police arrested Rafael Castillo Hernandez on charges of filing a false report and altering or forging auto titles.
Police say Hernandez stated he bought the vehicle from someone and that the car was stolen. They say he was unable to show a receipt for the purchase of the car.
The original owner of the vehicle claimed she did not sell the vehicle to Hernandez.
Police say Hernandez signed his name on the car's title as the buyer of the vehicle.
He was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death