JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a dozen charges after police say checks were stolen.
Johnson City police arrested Wesley B. Lawson Thursday. Police say an investigation stemmed from stolen checks passed through Eastman Credit Union and BB&T Bank.
The checks were made payable to Lawson and passed during the last week of January.
Police say Lawson is believed to be the person on surveillance bank footage completing the transactions.
He is charged with eight counts of forgery, two counts of identity theft and two counts of theft of property over $1,000.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson