JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a dozen charges after police say checks were stolen.
Johnson City police arrested Wesley B. Lawson Thursday. Police say an investigation stemmed from stolen checks passed through Eastman Credit Union and BB&T Bank.
The checks were made payable to Lawson and passed during the last week of January.
Police say Lawson is believed to be the person on surveillance bank footage completing the transactions.
He is charged with eight counts of forgery, two counts of identity theft and two counts of theft of property over $1,000.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone