JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a dozen charges after police say checks were stolen.
Johnson City police arrested Wesley B. Lawson Thursday. Police say an investigation stemmed from stolen checks passed through Eastman Credit Union and BB&T Bank.
The checks were made payable to Lawson and passed during the last week of January.
Police say Lawson is believed to be the person on surveillance bank footage completing the transactions.
He is charged with eight counts of forgery, two counts of identity theft and two counts of theft of property over $1,000.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record