JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a dozen charges after police say checks were stolen.
Johnson City police arrested Wesley B. Lawson Thursday. Police say an investigation stemmed from stolen checks passed through Eastman Credit Union and BB&T Bank.
The checks were made payable to Lawson and passed during the last week of January.
Police say Lawson is believed to be the person on surveillance bank footage completing the transactions.
He is charged with eight counts of forgery, two counts of identity theft and two counts of theft of property over $1,000.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire