A Johnson City man has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault after police say he set his wife on fire
Johnson City Police say they arrested 21-year-old Timmy Thurman after a disturbance where he held a knife to his wife's throat, and then sprayed her with body spray setting her on fire.
Police say the victim suffered second degree burns to her ear, neck and shoulder area.
Thurman is being held at the Washington County Detention Center on fifty-thousand dollars bond.
The police report says he also has pending charges from other areas.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death