GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A Johnson City man has entered a not guilty plea to charges accusing him of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy.
Rickie Lee Hoyle, Junior appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville Wednesday morning on a charge of inducing a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Investigators with the TBI say Hoyle attempted to meet the boy for sex at the Erwin Walmart.
Hoyle remains in jail.
He is also charged locally with attempted aggravated statutory rape and attempted sexual battery by an authority figure.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides