GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A Johnson City man has entered a not guilty plea to charges accusing him of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy.
Rickie Lee Hoyle, Junior appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville Wednesday morning on a charge of inducing a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Investigators with the TBI say Hoyle attempted to meet the boy for sex at the Erwin Walmart.
Hoyle remains in jail.
He is also charged locally with attempted aggravated statutory rape and attempted sexual battery by an authority figure.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event