GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A Johnson City man has entered a not guilty plea to charges accusing him of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy.
Rickie Lee Hoyle, Junior appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville Wednesday morning on a charge of inducing a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Investigators with the TBI say Hoyle attempted to meet the boy for sex at the Erwin Walmart.
Hoyle remains in jail.
He is also charged locally with attempted aggravated statutory rape and attempted sexual battery by an authority figure.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City