GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A Johnson City man has entered a not guilty plea to charges accusing him of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy.
Rickie Lee Hoyle, Junior appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville Wednesday morning on a charge of inducing a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Investigators with the TBI say Hoyle attempted to meet the boy for sex at the Erwin Walmart.
Hoyle remains in jail.
He is also charged locally with attempted aggravated statutory rape and attempted sexual battery by an authority figure.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital