JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - We have new facts abut the East Tennessee State University dining services employee who was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis last week. Click here to read more.
ETSU released a statement Wednesday morning saying the employee has been released from the hospital.
Family members tell the university the employee is expected to be cleared to return to work sometime in February.
A group of 10 employees who were in contact with the individual days earlier were screened by ETSU University Health Services and all were determined to be at low risk.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day