JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man wanted out of Louisiana is now behind bars in Johnson City.
Johnson City police say Rusty Anderson was arrested and charged with being a fugitive from justice Sunday afternoon while they were responding to a call about two people fighting in a yard on West Holston Avenue.
Police say they found Anderson walking back to an apartment when they arrived.
During a records check, officers discovered Anderson has an active warrant out of Louisiana.
Anderson was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where he is awaiting extradition.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview