JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man wanted out of Louisiana is now behind bars in Johnson City.
Johnson City police say Rusty Anderson was arrested and charged with being a fugitive from justice Sunday afternoon while they were responding to a call about two people fighting in a yard on West Holston Avenue.
Police say they found Anderson walking back to an apartment when they arrived.
During a records check, officers discovered Anderson has an active warrant out of Louisiana.
Anderson was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where he is awaiting extradition.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition