JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man wanted out of Louisiana is now behind bars in Johnson City.
Johnson City police say Rusty Anderson was arrested and charged with being a fugitive from justice Sunday afternoon while they were responding to a call about two people fighting in a yard on West Holston Avenue.
Police say they found Anderson walking back to an apartment when they arrived.
During a records check, officers discovered Anderson has an active warrant out of Louisiana.
Anderson was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where he is awaiting extradition.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing