JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City businessman Tom Carr has passed away at 81.
We spoke with his son Hank on Wednesday. He told us Carr had been ill since April.
Carr was a big supporter of ETSU athletics and operated the Red Pig restaurant. Carr also operated the legendary nightclub TuLaFe.
We stopped by the Red Pig and ran into one of his old friends and loyal customers. "He treated everybody the same. I mean, it was great. He just made people feel special. I think he's going to be really remembered in this town," Sherry Nave tells us.
Tom Carr was 81 years old.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody