JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City businessman Tom Carr has passed away at 81.
We spoke with his son Hank on Wednesday. He told us Carr had been ill since April.
Carr was a big supporter of ETSU athletics and operated the Red Pig restaurant. Carr also operated the legendary nightclub TuLaFe.
We stopped by the Red Pig and ran into one of his old friends and loyal customers. "He treated everybody the same. I mean, it was great. He just made people feel special. I think he's going to be really remembered in this town," Sherry Nave tells us.
Tom Carr was 81 years old.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City