JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City businessman Tom Carr has passed away at 81.
We spoke with his son Hank on Wednesday. He told us Carr had been ill since April.
Carr was a big supporter of ETSU athletics and operated the Red Pig restaurant. Carr also operated the legendary nightclub TuLaFe.
We stopped by the Red Pig and ran into one of his old friends and loyal customers. "He treated everybody the same. I mean, it was great. He just made people feel special. I think he's going to be really remembered in this town," Sherry Nave tells us.
Tom Carr was 81 years old.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway