JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City businessman Tom Carr has passed away at 81.
We spoke with his son Hank on Wednesday. He told us Carr had been ill since April.
Carr was a big supporter of ETSU athletics and operated the Red Pig restaurant. Carr also operated the legendary nightclub TuLaFe.
We stopped by the Red Pig and ran into one of his old friends and loyal customers. "He treated everybody the same. I mean, it was great. He just made people feel special. I think he's going to be really remembered in this town," Sherry Nave tells us.
Tom Carr was 81 years old.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction