JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Many families were out and about Thursday in celebration of the Fourth of July.
We went out to Steele Creek Park and spoke to several families who were enjoying the outdoors and some good food.
One family said this is their time to thank God for their freedom and for the time they have together. "Independence Day is all about family, friends and the liberty and enjoying the happiness that surrounds you," said Charlotte Clay.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect