JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Many families were out and about Thursday in celebration of the Fourth of July.
We went out to Steele Creek Park and spoke to several families who were enjoying the outdoors and some good food.
One family said this is their time to thank God for their freedom and for the time they have together. "Independence Day is all about family, friends and the liberty and enjoying the happiness that surrounds you," said Charlotte Clay.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies