JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local woman is fighting for her life after police say she was stabbed by a Johnson City man.
Officers tell us they were called out to Whitney Street Monday night and found a woman with a single stab wound to the chest.
She was taken to the Johnson City Medical Center. She is listed in critical condition.
Johnson City police tell News 5 witnessed gave the description of a suspect. Police later arrested 54-year-old Arthur Bass after they found him walking near Boone and West Main Street.
He is charged with aggravated assault. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial