JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local woman is fighting for her life after police say she was stabbed by a Johnson City man.
Officers tell us they were called out to Whitney Street Monday night and found a woman with a single stab wound to the chest.
She was taken to the Johnson City Medical Center. She is listed in critical condition.
Johnson City police tell News 5 witnessed gave the description of a suspect. Police later arrested 54-year-old Arthur Bass after they found him walking near Boone and West Main Street.
He is charged with aggravated assault. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting