JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local woman is fighting for her life after police say she was stabbed by a Johnson City man.
Officers tell us they were called out to Whitney Street Monday night and found a woman with a single stab wound to the chest.
She was taken to the Johnson City Medical Center. She is listed in critical condition.
Johnson City police tell News 5 witnessed gave the description of a suspect. Police later arrested 54-year-old Arthur Bass after they found him walking near Boone and West Main Street.
He is charged with aggravated assault. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex