JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local woman is sharing her story about her family's dream home that turned into a nightmare when she says a demonic spirit started haunting them.
Carmen Reed's story will be will be featured on SyFy show Paranormal Witness. Reed, who now lives in Johnson City, said her family moved into a home in 1987 in Connecticut that was transformed from a funeral home into apartments.
She says her son, who was battling cancer, was the first one to become possessed and had warned her the house was evil and haunted. "I told him evil lives in the heart of men," she said.
She said she was physically attacked by the paranormal. "I know it was an evil spirit," she told us Wednesday.
Reed said people are interested in shows about the paranormal because it's what she calls a ‘safe fear.' "They want to be afraid, but they don't want to experience it. It's a safe fear for them and a safe fascination," she explained.
The Paranormal Witness show will air Wednesday at 10 p.m.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect