JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The water system for one of the Tri-Cities is getting high marks.
News 5 has learned the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation has approved Johnson City's water system. The Johnson City system received a near-perfect score of 99.
Systems must be rated at least a score of 95 to be considered approved.
The Johnson City Director of Water and Sewer Services says funding and investment has led to excellent water quality and service.
The system has received consecutive approvals for more than 40 years.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program