A local police department is asking business owners how they view crime in their community to help officers distribute resources.
Police Chief Mark Sirois told the Johnson City Press surveys were handed to downtown businesses this week and to other communities last week.
The department is trying to land a two-year $800,000 grant to target criminal activity and build safer neighborhoods.
The goal is to identify what police tactics work in different parts of the city.
A similar program is already underway in Kingsport.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides