A local police department is asking business owners how they view crime in their community to help officers distribute resources.
Police Chief Mark Sirois told the Johnson City Press surveys were handed to downtown businesses this week and to other communities last week.
The department is trying to land a two-year $800,000 grant to target criminal activity and build safer neighborhoods.
The goal is to identify what police tactics work in different parts of the city.
A similar program is already underway in Kingsport.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program