JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A hospital in our region has received a big honor.
Franklin Woods Community Hospital, in Johnson City, is a finalist for the American Hospital Association- McKesson Quest for Quality prize.
The award honors organizations committed to excellence in quality and patient safety. It is based on six categories: safety, patient-centeredness, effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness and equity.
News 5 has learned the hospital will receive $12,500 for the honor.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome