JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A hospital in our region has received a big honor.
Franklin Woods Community Hospital, in Johnson City, is a finalist for the American Hospital Association- McKesson Quest for Quality prize.
The award honors organizations committed to excellence in quality and patient safety. It is based on six categories: safety, patient-centeredness, effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness and equity.
News 5 has learned the hospital will receive $12,500 for the honor.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend