JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - If you love books and also have a passion for helping people, the Johnson City Public Library needs you. The library is accepting volunteer applications for the Friendly Visitor Program.
The program is aimed at reaching residents who are unable to come to the library because of a disability or illness. Volunteers would deliver library materials to local residents.
The library is looking for people with good interpersonal skills and a friendly attitude. Volunteers would have to work with staff, patrons and other volunteers. They must be committed to the position.
To become a volunteer, you must have a Tennessee driver's license, undergo a background check, sign a liability waiver, show proof of current auto insurance, and be comfortable working with older adults and the disabled.
To apply, visit the Johnson City Public Library. For more information, call Celeste Smedley at 434-4450 ext. 4474.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University