JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - It may be shocking to hear, but kids can get arthritis too.
To help make that fact more known, the Arthritis Foundation made a trip to Johnson City.
They hosted a juvenile arthritis family day at the Wellness Center on Saturday. There were multiple speakers including a local health food expert who helped parents understand how to help a child with arthritis.
Katie Christian, program director for the Arthritis Foundation, says this program is all about helping kids who are hurting. She says, "It's an educational day all around, for the kids, the families, and the local area.
About six thousand kids in Tennessee suffer from arthritis. Click here for ways you can help.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane