JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Justin Stratton, one of four people charged in the 2011 death of Gary Couch has been found guilty of First Degree Murder and has been sentenced to life in prison
The defense rested its case after closing arguments on Thursday.
Around six o'clock Thursday the judge sent the jury home. Today was the fifth day of the trial day.
Ginger Holtsclaw and Ashley Harold also face murder charges.
Anthony Phillips testified against Stratton on Tuesday after agreeing to a plea deal.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin