JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Justin Stratton, one of four people charged in the 2011 death of Gary Couch has been found guilty of First Degree Murder and has been sentenced to life in prison
The defense rested its case after closing arguments on Thursday.
Around six o'clock Thursday the judge sent the jury home. Today was the fifth day of the trial day.
Ginger Holtsclaw and Ashley Harold also face murder charges.
Anthony Phillips testified against Stratton on Tuesday after agreeing to a plea deal.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody