JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Thursday evening shooting at a motel in Johnson City left one person dead and another behind bars.
Coty Bishop, the man in custody, went before a judge Friday morning.
The shooting happened at the Johnson Inn off West Market Street just after 6 p.m. Thursday. Johnson City Police say they found the body of 21-year-old Casey Jones in a van outside the motel.
Police say he had been shot once in the head after a fight with 18-year-old Coty Bishop of Jonesborough.
Officers arrested Bishop Thursday night. He is being charged with second degree murder and tampering with evidence.
Bishop will be back in court May 22. His bond was set at $150,000.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program