JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City Police Department's warning about unpaid citations is paying off.
The department announced a crack-down this week.
The hundreds of unpaid fines date back several years and add up to more than a million dollars.
City ordinance allows for a 60-day wait period prior to submitting to collection once the case has passed the court date.
We've learned that since the list was released a total of 31 outstanding tickets have been paid.
They also tell us ,because of technical difficulties they've updated the payment website.
Go to www.paymyfineonline.com to pay a citation.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone