JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City Police Department's warning about unpaid citations is paying off.
The department announced a crack-down this week.
The hundreds of unpaid fines date back several years and add up to more than a million dollars.
City ordinance allows for a 60-day wait period prior to submitting to collection once the case has passed the court date.
We've learned that since the list was released a total of 31 outstanding tickets have been paid.
They also tell us ,because of technical difficulties they've updated the payment website.
Go to www.paymyfineonline.com to pay a citation.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City