JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police charged a woman they say lied about her identity.
19-year-old Ashley Laughlin was charged with false reporting and simple possession.
Police say they received a call about shoplifting at a Roadrunner Market. They say their investigation led them to Laughlin and that she gave them her sister's name.
Police say Laughlin was also in possession of marijuana.
She's scheduled to be arraigned Monday afternoon.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death