JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police charged a woman they say lied about her identity.
19-year-old Ashley Laughlin was charged with false reporting and simple possession.
Police say they received a call about shoplifting at a Roadrunner Market. They say their investigation led them to Laughlin and that she gave them her sister's name.
Police say Laughlin was also in possession of marijuana.
She's scheduled to be arraigned Monday afternoon.
- Updated ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics