JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is behind bars after being accused of writing 51 worthless checks.
Johnson City police say the arrest stems from an investigation into bad checks at Neebo Book Store on West Walnut Street.
We're told that Myra Winters opened a checking account with a zero dollar balance.... and kept that balance throughout the life of the account.
Officers say she passed a total of 51 worthless checks at 20 different business throughout the city for a grand total of more than seven-thousand dollars.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University