JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is behind bars after being accused of writing 51 worthless checks.
Johnson City police say the arrest stems from an investigation into bad checks at Neebo Book Store on West Walnut Street.
We're told that Myra Winters opened a checking account with a zero dollar balance.... and kept that balance throughout the life of the account.
Officers say she passed a total of 51 worthless checks at 20 different business throughout the city for a grand total of more than seven-thousand dollars.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death