JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is behind bars after being accused of writing 51 worthless checks.
Johnson City police say the arrest stems from an investigation into bad checks at Neebo Book Store on West Walnut Street.
We're told that Myra Winters opened a checking account with a zero dollar balance.... and kept that balance throughout the life of the account.
Officers say she passed a total of 51 worthless checks at 20 different business throughout the city for a grand total of more than seven-thousand dollars.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next