BRADFORD TOWNSHIP, Pa - A Johnson City truck driver fell more than 100 feet from a highway bridge into a river and survived according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Officers say 66 year old Bobbie Jo Merrell got out of his truck to check damage after hitting a side barrier on a bridge on Interstate 80 in Bradford Township.
That's when he fell off the bridge and landed in a river 120 feet below.
Police are not sure why he fell but say he made it to shore and was rescued.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death