BRADFORD TOWNSHIP, Pa - A Johnson City truck driver fell more than 100 feet from a highway bridge into a river and survived according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Officers say 66 year old Bobbie Jo Merrell got out of his truck to check damage after hitting a side barrier on a bridge on Interstate 80 in Bradford Township.
That's when he fell off the bridge and landed in a river 120 feet below.
Police are not sure why he fell but say he made it to shore and was rescued.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape