JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Sales of air guns and slingshots will soon be legal in Johnson City.
Johnson City commissioners will vote Thursday night on a third reading of an ordinance lifting the ban, which keeps stores from selling them.
Mayor Ralph Van Brocklin tells us the ordinance violated a federal law, so the city needs to repeal it to be in compliance.
Rules will still ban minors from buying air guns and slingshots.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. Thursday at city hall.
- Updated U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer