JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Sales of air guns and slingshots will soon be legal in Johnson City.
Johnson City commissioners will vote Thursday night on a third reading of an ordinance lifting the ban, which keeps stores from selling them.
Mayor Ralph Van Brocklin tells us the ordinance violated a federal law, so the city needs to repeal it to be in compliance.
Rules will still ban minors from buying air guns and slingshots.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. Thursday at city hall.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone