JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Sales of air guns and slingshots will soon be legal in Johnson City.
Johnson City commissioners will vote Thursday night on a third reading of an ordinance lifting the ban, which keeps stores from selling them.
Mayor Ralph Van Brocklin tells us the ordinance violated a federal law, so the city needs to repeal it to be in compliance.
Rules will still ban minors from buying air guns and slingshots.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. Thursday at city hall.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- New Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Updated Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace