JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Sales of air guns and slingshots will soon be legal in Johnson City.
Johnson City commissioners will vote Thursday night on a third reading of an ordinance lifting the ban, which keeps stores from selling them.
Mayor Ralph Van Brocklin tells us the ordinance violated a federal law, so the city needs to repeal it to be in compliance.
Rules will still ban minors from buying air guns and slingshots.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. Thursday at city hall.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man