The Johnson City School system is looking for feedback from the community as district administrators work toward a plan for two middle schools, which was approved during a September 7 meeting.
The purpose of the 10 meetings is to discuss the feasibility of transitioning to two middle schools which would encompass grades 5-8. The presentations take around 15-20 minutes and will focus on why the system wants to make the transition.
There will also be time for questions after the presentations.
Here are the locations, dates, and times for the remaining meetings:
South Side – Already met
Mountain View -Thursday, October 12 at 6:00 p.m.
Lake Ridge – Tuesday, October 17 at 6:30 p.m.
Woodland – Thursday, October 19 at 6:00 p.m.
Towne Acres – Monday, October 23 at 6:30 p.m.
Indian Trail – Tuesday, October 24 at 6:00 p.m.
Cherokee – Tuesday, October 24 at 6:15 p.m.
Fairmont – Tuesday, November 14 at 6:30 p.m.
North Side – Tuesday, December 5 at 5:30 p.m.
Liberty Bell – TBD
- Updated THP helping sheriff's offices predict where crashes may happen
- New Air "born" : First time flyers get a ride at Tri Cities Airport in special event
- Confederate monuments vandalized in two Virginia cities
- Jennifer Lawrence says she was forced to pose nude by movie producer
- Updated UPDATE: Sheriff's Office captain suspended following incident at David Crockett H.S.