JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Schools and East Tennessee State University are continuing their agreement to share athletic facilities.
In the past year, ETSU hosted basketball games at the Johnson City Freedom Hall Civic Center.
Johnson City Schools Supervisor of Facilities and Instruction David Chupa tells us in the future they hope to expand their partnership and share the Science Hill High School football stadium with the new ETSU football team. "One thing it does, it means that there is a good sharing relationship between the schools, the college, the university and the city; we all want to coexist and take advantage of the facilities that we have," said Chupa.
Thursday a committee will meet to further discuss plans to increase the partnership between the schools and the city.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator