JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The deadline to pay property taxes in Johnson City is right around the corner.
Homeowners have until December 31st to pay their property taxes.
You can pay by going to the Municipal and Safety building on East Main Street or you can send a check by mail or pay online.
However, if you miss the deadline you'll wind up paying more.
We're told penalties and interest for late payments will begin building up on January 2.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport