Two men are behind bars on multiple charges after police say they stole a person’s car and were then caught on foot.
According to the Johnson City Police Department, officers responded to reports of a possible robbery on Bell Ridge Road Monday. Officers said two men fled the area in the victim’s vehicle and then on foot in the area of King Springs Road and Bell Ridge Road. Police said the events actually began in Unicoi County as a possible home invasion and kidnapping. The two men were arrested after brief foot pursuits and a K-9 track in the area of Miami Drive and Orlando Drive.
William Smith, 37, was charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated assault, motor vehicle theft over $10,000, possession of Schedule II narcotics for resale and evading arrest. He is being held on a $100,000 bond and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday at 1:30 pm in Washington County Sessions Court.
Kevin Dockery, 21, was charged with motor vehicle theft over $10,000 and evading arrest. He was being held in lieu of $11,000 bond and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday in Washington County Sessions Court.
The Unicoi County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the alleged offenses that occurred there.
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth
- All-star game at UVA Wise boosts local businesses
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down