JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - On November 11, Johnson City officers responded to a call at Kroger on Sunset drive for suspicion of shoplifting.
During the investigation, officers found that James Rickey Kennedy stole more than 40 cans of baby formula.
Kennedy fled the scene with over six hundred dollars worth of product. He also had two children with him during the theft.
Officials charged him with theft of five hundred dollars, three counts of criminal simulations, and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Kennedy is being held at the Washington County Detention Center on a $3,000 dollar bond.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough