JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - On November 11, Johnson City officers responded to a call at Kroger on Sunset drive for suspicion of shoplifting.
During the investigation, officers found that James Rickey Kennedy stole more than 40 cans of baby formula.
Kennedy fled the scene with over six hundred dollars worth of product. He also had two children with him during the theft.
Officials charged him with theft of five hundred dollars, three counts of criminal simulations, and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Kennedy is being held at the Washington County Detention Center on a $3,000 dollar bond.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017