JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - On November 11, Johnson City officers responded to a call at Kroger on Sunset drive for suspicion of shoplifting.
During the investigation, officers found that James Rickey Kennedy stole more than 40 cans of baby formula.
Kennedy fled the scene with over six hundred dollars worth of product. He also had two children with him during the theft.
Officials charged him with theft of five hundred dollars, three counts of criminal simulations, and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Kennedy is being held at the Washington County Detention Center on a $3,000 dollar bond.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death