JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - UPDATE 3:30 p.m.: Officers were dispatched in reference to an assault on E. Chesnut Street.
Once on the scene, officers say Elizabeth Ann Archer (pictured above) had stabbed her boyfriend, Jeremy Mounts with a large kitchen knife.
Police say the couple had been fighting when Archer allegedly stabbed Mounts.
Investigators believe alcohol was involved, and officials say Archer gave police a statement and expressed remorse.
Police say Archer was not injured.
Johnson City Police arrested 30-year-old Elizabeth Ann Archer early Tuesday morning, charging her with second-degree murder of 29-year-old Jeremy Mounts.
Police said they made the arrest after officers were called to a home on E. Chesnut Street to investigate a domestic disturbance.
Officers said the victim had a laceration to his lower torso. Mounts was taken to Johnson City Medical Center, where officials said he died.
Elizabeth Archer is being held at the Washington County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday morning.
Johnson City Police will hold a media briefing at 3:00 this afternoon.
News 5 will have a crew there and will bring you more facts as we learn them.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall