JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police are looking for a man accused of attempted to kidnap at 10-year-old girl.
According to officers, it happened May 11 in the 2800 block of South Roan Street.
The incident occurred shortly after the girl exited a school bus and was walking toward her home.
Police said the suspect approached the girl and grabbed her by the wrist.
She got free and ran to her residence.
He ran to an older model gold or tan four-door vehicle and fled south on South Roan.
The suspect is described as a white male with pale skin, possibly in her early 40s.
He has short brown hair and a short brown beard.
He is believed to be of medium build and about 5'9" tall.
The suspect was last seen wearing a red shirt and baggy blue jeans.
Anyone with information concerning the incident should call the JCPD Criminal Investigations Division at (423) 434-6166 or Crime Stoppers at 434-6158.
You can also text 423JCPD and the tip to 847411.
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth
- All-star game at UVA Wise boosts local businesses
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down