JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City teenager is in the hospital Wednesday morning after a shooting Tuesday morning.
Johnson City detectives says it happened in the Carver community of downtown around 10 p.m. Tuesday.
The victim who is described as a being in his late teens was taken to the hospitals but is expected to be ok.
Officers do not have a suspect, but they say there is no threat to the community.
Investigators say they have received differing accounts of what happened and they are hoping to learn more facts after talking to the victim today.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31