JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City teenager is in the hospital Wednesday morning after a shooting Tuesday morning.
Johnson City detectives says it happened in the Carver community of downtown around 10 p.m. Tuesday.
The victim who is described as a being in his late teens was taken to the hospitals but is expected to be ok.
Officers do not have a suspect, but they say there is no threat to the community.
Investigators say they have received differing accounts of what happened and they are hoping to learn more facts after talking to the victim today.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend