JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City teenager is in the hospital Wednesday morning after a shooting Tuesday morning.
Johnson City detectives says it happened in the Carver community of downtown around 10 p.m. Tuesday.
The victim who is described as a being in his late teens was taken to the hospitals but is expected to be ok.
Officers do not have a suspect, but they say there is no threat to the community.
Investigators say they have received differing accounts of what happened and they are hoping to learn more facts after talking to the victim today.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day