JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The investigation into a stolen Social Security check led to charges against a Johnson City man.
Johnson City police say Joey Gardner is charged with theft of property over $500 and forgery over $500.
Police say they arrested Gardner after the investigation into a Social Security check that was taken from a mailbox. Police accused Gardner of cashing the check and keeping the money.
Gardner's bond was set for $2,000. He was scheduled to be in court Wednesday morning.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday