Johnson City Police arrested Jason Avery after they say he raped and assaulted a woman early Sunday morning.
Police responded to a call on the corner of Buffalo St. and Walnut St. The female victim said she was at Avery's apartment earlier in the night when they got into an argument and she attempted to leave.
The victim said Avery choked her until she lost consciousness and held her against her will and raped her. She suffered minor injures and was brought to the Johnson City Medical Center.
Police interviewed Avery and they said his answers were inconsistent with the injuries the victim sustained.
Avery has been charged with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated rape and aggravated assault. He's being held at the Washington County Detention Center on $150,000 bond.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder