Johnson City, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man today for identity theft.
Police say Adontae P. Smith was a passenger in a car that was stopped for a window tint violation.
Police asked for identification, and say Smith continued to give information of another person, who looked nothing like him.
Smith was later identified and police say he had multiple warrants out of Knox County, Tennessee.
He was booked in the Washington County detention center and is being held on a $10,000 dollar bond.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway