Johnson City, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man today for identity theft.
Police say Adontae P. Smith was a passenger in a car that was stopped for a window tint violation.
Police asked for identification, and say Smith continued to give information of another person, who looked nothing like him.
Smith was later identified and police say he had multiple warrants out of Knox County, Tennessee.
He was booked in the Washington County detention center and is being held on a $10,000 dollar bond.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend