Johnson City, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man today for identity theft.
Police say Adontae P. Smith was a passenger in a car that was stopped for a window tint violation.
Police asked for identification, and say Smith continued to give information of another person, who looked nothing like him.
Smith was later identified and police say he had multiple warrants out of Knox County, Tennessee.
He was booked in the Washington County detention center and is being held on a $10,000 dollar bond.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day