JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Development plans of a new $20 million dollar retail center in Johnson City are a go, but construction won't start just yet.
That outlet center will be located at the corner of Sunset Drive and North State of Franklin Road. Nashville based GBT Realty plans on developing 29 acres with Food City as the main anchor store.
Phase one includes the development of 13 acres which should produce as estimated $170,000 dollars in taxes for the city.
Angie Carrier, Development Services Director for Johnson City tells us, "This a good thing for Johnson City. It's good for our property tax values, because that's a vacant piece of property. It's been there for a while. Mountain States has held onto it. So they got that option with property tax and sales tax will also be a big bonus for us."
Crews will start construction in the spring.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death