JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Johnson City pharmacist accused to trying to murder his wife is scheduled to go before a judge Wednesday.
According to the session's court clerk's office, Lee Scott Renfro is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on attempted first degree murder charges Wednesday afternoon.
Johnson City police say the pharmacist was injecting his wife with a diabetic medication in an attempt to kill her. Detectives say the plot was discovered by a nurse at the Johnson City Medical Center, where his wife was a patient.
Renfro has been in jail since last week.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec