JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Johnson City pharmacist accused to trying to murder his wife is scheduled to go before a judge Wednesday.
According to the session's court clerk's office, Lee Scott Renfro is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on attempted first degree murder charges Wednesday afternoon.
Johnson City police say the pharmacist was injecting his wife with a diabetic medication in an attempt to kill her. Detectives say the plot was discovered by a nurse at the Johnson City Medical Center, where his wife was a patient.
Renfro has been in jail since last week.
- New Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin