JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Johnson City pharmacist accused to trying to murder his wife is scheduled to go before a judge Wednesday.
According to the session's court clerk's office, Lee Scott Renfro is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on attempted first degree murder charges Wednesday afternoon.
Johnson City police say the pharmacist was injecting his wife with a diabetic medication in an attempt to kill her. Detectives say the plot was discovered by a nurse at the Johnson City Medical Center, where his wife was a patient.
Renfro has been in jail since last week.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day