JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City mother is charged with one count of felony child abuse following an investigation into a report of an attack on a five-year-old child.
Police said Genavive Garner Stubblefield, 26, bit the child's buttock on January 26. Officers said the child told police her mother bit her as a means of discipline after becoming angry with her.
On Tuesday Stubblefield turned herself in at the Washington County Detention Center, where she is being held in lieu of a $5,000 bond.
Her arraignment is set for February 13 in Washington County General Sessions Court.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death