JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City mother is charged with one count of felony child abuse following an investigation into a report of an attack on a five-year-old child.
Police said Genavive Garner Stubblefield, 26, bit the child's buttock on January 26. Officers said the child told police her mother bit her as a means of discipline after becoming angry with her.
On Tuesday Stubblefield turned herself in at the Washington County Detention Center, where she is being held in lieu of a $5,000 bond.
Her arraignment is set for February 13 in Washington County General Sessions Court.
- New Double-up: Tri Cities' Kroger stores not included in coupon cancellation
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond