JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City mother is facing charges after police say she left her young child with a friend for eight days.
Johnson City police tell us April Jones left her child with the friend for what was only supposed to be a few days. Police say the child was left without the necessities for the friend to adequately care for him for more than a few days.
After not hearing from Jones, the friend called police and Child Protective Services. Police say Jones was found Thursday at the Horseshoe Lounge, where she was arrested and charged with felony child neglect.
Jones was taken to The Washington County Detention Center. Her bond was set at $10,000.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court