JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City mother is facing charges after police say she left her young child with a friend for eight days.
Johnson City police tell us April Jones left her child with the friend for what was only supposed to be a few days. Police say the child was left without the necessities for the friend to adequately care for him for more than a few days.
After not hearing from Jones, the friend called police and Child Protective Services. Police say Jones was found Thursday at the Horseshoe Lounge, where she was arrested and charged with felony child neglect.
Jones was taken to The Washington County Detention Center. Her bond was set at $10,000.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting