JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City leaders say they want to sell an unused athletic facility.
The city has owned the indoor soccer facility for almost 20 years but it has been leased to a local soccer organization. That lease was allowed to expire in April.
Now city leaders say they have no use for the building, which is located outside the city limits in Unicoi County.
They've requested proposals for future use from interested buyers.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson