JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - More charges are being filed against the man accused of theft and leaving the scene of an accident.
Officers say they arrested 20-year-old Matthew Norris Tuesday on theft charges after police say he stole a car to flee a shooting he'd been involved in on Austin Springs Road on March 3rd. Johnson City police now tell us Norris is also charged with robbery, burglary, and theft of property. The victim told police armed men broke into his apartment early in the morning on March 3rd.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon