JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges tonight after police tell us he sped away after a traffic stop.
Johnson City police tell us Joshua Howell was pulled over around 10:30 on the morning of August 5. They tell us he sped away after officers started walking towards his car.
Howell was arrested a short time later.
According to authorities, he told them he ran because he had a suspended license.
Howell is charged with felony evading arrest, driving on a suspended license, and speeding.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Updated Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation