JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges tonight after police tell us he sped away after a traffic stop.
Johnson City police tell us Joshua Howell was pulled over around 10:30 on the morning of August 5. They tell us he sped away after officers started walking towards his car.
Howell was arrested a short time later.
According to authorities, he told them he ran because he had a suspended license.
Howell is charged with felony evading arrest, driving on a suspended license, and speeding.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day