JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Police say a Johnson City man is facing charges after drugs were found during a traffic stop.
Johnson City Police say 30-year-old Bret Alvis was stopped for speeding on State of Franklin Road Monday afternoon. That's when officers say they saw him throw two baggies of marijuana under his car.
An investigation revealed there were 32 grams of marijuana in those baggies.
Alvis is now charged with felony drug possession.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, but has since posted his $11,000 bond.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals