JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Police say a Johnson City man is facing charges after drugs were found during a traffic stop.
Johnson City Police say 30-year-old Bret Alvis was stopped for speeding on State of Franklin Road Monday afternoon. That's when officers say they saw him throw two baggies of marijuana under his car.
An investigation revealed there were 32 grams of marijuana in those baggies.
Alvis is now charged with felony drug possession.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, but has since posted his $11,000 bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake