JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Police say a Johnson City man is facing charges after drugs were found during a traffic stop.
Johnson City Police say 30-year-old Bret Alvis was stopped for speeding on State of Franklin Road Monday afternoon. That's when officers say they saw him throw two baggies of marijuana under his car.
An investigation revealed there were 32 grams of marijuana in those baggies.
Alvis is now charged with felony drug possession.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, but has since posted his $11,000 bond.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue