JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A call about a gun in public leads to charges for a Johnson City man.
Police tell News 5 23-year-old Thomas Brooks was arrested early Sunday morning, accused of brandishing a gun in the parking lot of Club Next.
Police say, they were called to the location in reference to a disturbance. When they arrived, police say Brooks was found with a .22 handgun. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Brooks was booked into the Washington County Detention Center, on a $21,000 bond. He's scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program