JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A call about a gun in public leads to charges for a Johnson City man.
Police tell News 5 23-year-old Thomas Brooks was arrested early Sunday morning, accused of brandishing a gun in the parking lot of Club Next.
Police say, they were called to the location in reference to a disturbance. When they arrived, police say Brooks was found with a .22 handgun. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Brooks was booked into the Washington County Detention Center, on a $21,000 bond. He's scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
- Updated Sullivan County man sentenced for child sex crimes in SW Virginia
- New Bristol, TN child rape suspect arrested
- WATCH: Ellen, Wal-Mart give scholarships to school's senior class
- Infant who survived in 1920s sideshow incubator dies at 96
- UPDATE: Carter Co. bank robbery suspect arraigned in court