JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A call about a gun in public leads to charges for a Johnson City man.
Police tell News 5 23-year-old Thomas Brooks was arrested early Sunday morning, accused of brandishing a gun in the parking lot of Club Next.
Police say, they were called to the location in reference to a disturbance. When they arrived, police say Brooks was found with a .22 handgun. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Brooks was booked into the Washington County Detention Center, on a $21,000 bond. He's scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities