JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges after police say a 16-month-old child died while in his care.
27-year-old Jonathan Lee Cravens is charged with child abuse and neglect. Police say they responded to an apartment on Knob Creek Road on August 19 in reference to an unresponsive 16-month-old child.
According to police, the child was pronounced dead at the hospital. Click here to read more.
Police tell us an investigation revealed the child had been left in the care of Cravens, who was the live-in boyfriend of the child's mother.
We've learned from police that Cravens is accused of leaving the child unattended inside the apartment.
Craven was booked into the Washington County Detention Center. He's scheduled for court on October 14.
The case remains under investigation.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation