JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is expected to appear in court Thursday, accused of assaulting a woman.
Johnson City Police say 43-year-old Vijay Singh was arrested Wednesday night when officers responded to his Robinhood Lane home to investigate reports of a domestic disturbance.
Police believe Singh assaulted and threatened a female victim with a handgun during an argument. Singh was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond is set at $5,000.
He's expected to be in court Thursday afternoon.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway