JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is expected to appear in court Thursday, accused of assaulting a woman.
Johnson City Police say 43-year-old Vijay Singh was arrested Wednesday night when officers responded to his Robinhood Lane home to investigate reports of a domestic disturbance.
Police believe Singh assaulted and threatened a female victim with a handgun during an argument. Singh was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond is set at $5,000.
He's expected to be in court Thursday afternoon.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone