JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is expected to appear in court Thursday, accused of assaulting a woman.
Johnson City Police say 43-year-old Vijay Singh was arrested Wednesday night when officers responded to his Robinhood Lane home to investigate reports of a domestic disturbance.
Police believe Singh assaulted and threatened a female victim with a handgun during an argument. Singh was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond is set at $5,000.
He's expected to be in court Thursday afternoon.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue