A Johnson City man is behind bars after police say he stabbed his mother’s boyfriend with a machete because a cat was bothering him.
According to Johnson City police, 23-year-old Jeremy Murray was arrested Thursday and charged with aggravated assault.
Officers responded to an apartment on East Locust Street and found a man who appeared to have been stabbed. The man was taken to Johnson City Medical Treatment for treatment of his injuries.
Murray was located at his residence shortly after the alleged assault. He is being held in the Washington County Detention Center on a $50,000 bond. His arraignment is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Friday.
- New Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- New Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination
- The legacy of Farm and Fun Time
- Charlie Rose fired by CBS after sexual harassment reports