JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A kidnapping victim says she convinced her abductor to stop at a rest area, which gave her a chance to escape.
Johnson City Police arrested Rafael Vasquez Rodriquez early Monday morning. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping.
The victim told police she was kidnapped from Boones Creek on Sunday.
The victim told police she got away from Rodriguez after convincing him to stop at a rest stop outside of Asheville.
Rodriquez was arrested at his workplace Monday morning.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting