JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A kidnapping victim says she convinced her abductor to stop at a rest area, which gave her a chance to escape.
Johnson City Police arrested Rafael Vasquez Rodriquez early Monday morning. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping.
The victim told police she was kidnapped from Boones Creek on Sunday.
The victim told police she got away from Rodriguez after convincing him to stop at a rest stop outside of Asheville.
Rodriquez was arrested at his workplace Monday morning.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash