JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A kidnapping victim says she convinced her abductor to stop at a rest area, which gave her a chance to escape.
Johnson City Police arrested Rafael Vasquez Rodriquez early Monday morning. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping.
The victim told police she was kidnapped from Boones Creek on Sunday.
The victim told police she got away from Rodriguez after convincing him to stop at a rest stop outside of Asheville.
Rodriquez was arrested at his workplace Monday morning.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School