JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A kidnapping victim says she convinced her abductor to stop at a rest area, which gave her a chance to escape.
Johnson City Police arrested Rafael Vasquez Rodriquez early Monday morning. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping.
The victim told police she was kidnapped from Boones Creek on Sunday.
The victim told police she got away from Rodriguez after convincing him to stop at a rest stop outside of Asheville.
Rodriquez was arrested at his workplace Monday morning.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument