JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A suspicious vehicle investigation led to drug charges for a Johnson City man.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 37-year old Sherridan Ray Queen was arrested Thursday afternoon when investigators say they tried to stop a suspicious vehicle on North Broadway Street, at Alpine Package store. As investigators walked toward the vehicle, they say, it took off.
Police say, the vehicle, and Queen, were later found. An investigation also uncovered marijuana, hydrocodone pills, scales and sandwich bags.
Queen is now facing several charges, including evading arrest, felony reckless endangerment and several drug offenses.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $32,000. Queen was scheduled to be arraigned Friday morning.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City