JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A suspicious vehicle investigation led to drug charges for a Johnson City man.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 37-year old Sherridan Ray Queen was arrested Thursday afternoon when investigators say they tried to stop a suspicious vehicle on North Broadway Street, at Alpine Package store. As investigators walked toward the vehicle, they say, it took off.
Police say, the vehicle, and Queen, were later found. An investigation also uncovered marijuana, hydrocodone pills, scales and sandwich bags.
Queen is now facing several charges, including evading arrest, felony reckless endangerment and several drug offenses.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $32,000. Queen was scheduled to be arraigned Friday morning.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane