JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges, accused of abusing a child.
Johnson City Police arrested 22-year-old Cody Shaw Monday night after an investigation into a cigarette burn on a nine-month-old child Sunday. Police say the injury was discovered while they were responding to a domestic call at his Lone Oak Road home, which did not involve the child.
Shaw is now charged with child abuse and neglect. He was taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center where his bond was set at $10,000.
He's scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial