JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges, accused of abusing a child.
Johnson City Police arrested 22-year-old Cody Shaw Monday night after an investigation into a cigarette burn on a nine-month-old child Sunday. Police say the injury was discovered while they were responding to a domestic call at his Lone Oak Road home, which did not involve the child.
Shaw is now charged with child abuse and neglect. He was taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center where his bond was set at $10,000.
He's scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson