JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - One person has been placed on leave from the Johnson City jail.
We learned of an investigation is under way because of allegations of policy and procedure violations at the all-female inmate facility.
Chief of Police, Mark Sirois, said during the investigation they have placed the jail Superintendent, Sam Garland on administrative leave, with pay, until the investigation is over, since he is over the jail.
"And the reason for that is just to give us the opportunity to do a complete and thorough investigation, protecting the process for all individuals involved," said Sirois.
No other information is being released at this time, but Sirois says they hope to complete the investigation soon.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show